Monday, January 14, 2013

Surprise

My husband and I went to my parents to help my mom set up her new Kindle Fire.  I was freezing cold and decided to make some hot chocolate.  I got out of a mug to use and noticed it was one I have remembered my parents having ever since I was a little girl.  It was from a coal mine in the town I grew up in and it had the date on it...1979.  I went to take a picture and my dad said, "You can have that if you want it."  So I told him I didn't want it, I was just taking a picture for my picture of the day and that the photo prompt was surprise.  I said, "I think most people would be pretty surprised this mug has been around and in use for all those years!"  He said to me, "Well, come look at this."  And he took me to show me a bunch of old stickers from the mine as well.  So I decided that should be my picture instead. 

No comments: